Varying towns around Greater Boston and beyond
Every May, June and September
WHO NEEDS TO HELPMom, dad or other grown-up's assistance and/or facilitation is required
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By riding or volunteering for the PMC Kids Rides program, you are contributing to the PMC's mission or raising money for adult and pediatric patient care and cancer research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. To date, the PMC Kids Rides program has raised more than $8 million for the PMC.
PMC Kids Rides are mini bike-a-thons that involve children ages 2 to 15 in the PMC mission by providing them the opportunity to fight cancer just like the adults. From a short obstacle course for tricycles to a 26-mile trek, the PMC Kids Rides vary in terrain and mileage. Some have music, games, and food. Others have silent auction, character appearances, and face painting.
To register, kids will need:
1. An adult/parent to complete the registration
2. A computer (to do the registration)
3. A credit card to pay the registration fee*
*Please note that every ride has a registration fee of $10-$20 per child, and a fundraising commitment of $30 per child.
1. Go to the PMC Kids Ride site at www.kids.pmc.org to find a ride in your neighborhood.
2. Register by clicking on the "register" link on the right side of the page and complete the step-by-step registration process.
3. Ask family and friends to support your ride (and cancer care/research!) by making a pledge.
4. Join lots of other kids for a fun day of bike riding and more on the designated date and time for your selected ride.