• Monday, June 29: Submissions open! Look below for info on how to submit.
• Monday, July 13: Submissions close at 5pm
• Tuesday, July 14: Finalists will be posted on social media for online voting
• Tuesday, July 14: Public voting period opens
• Monday, July 20: Public voting period closes
• Tuesday, July 21: Winners announced
The photo must be taken between June 29 and July 13, 2020, and should not have been previously posted online
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Bringing awareness to our green spaces through your photos what we may choose to use for our marketing and communication tools.
Turn Your Lens to the Emerald Necklace!
With 1,100 acres of green space in Boston and Brookline, the Emerald Necklace parks are full of grand vistas and special moments for stunning photography. Join us in celebrating Summer on the Emerald Necklace and the beauty of the parks with our Emerald Necklace Photography Contest!
camera or phone with camera, transportation to one of the Emerald Necklace Spaces
Visit the Conservancy’s mobile tour guide on your mobile device for places to photograph around the Necklace. If you want examples of photographs taken in the Emerald Necklace, visit the Conservancy’s Instagram. See "View Instructions" below for more details and contest rules.
• To enter, tag your photos of the Emerald Necklace on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #ENPhotoContest and #GivingKids or email with the subject line “Photo Contest”
• Tag the park that your photo was taken in on social media or include the location in your email submission
• One photo from each of the Emerald Necklace parks (Charlesgate Park, Back Bay Fens, the Riverway, Olmsted Park, Jamaica Pond, Arnold Arboretum and Franklin Park) will be selected and posted by the Conservancy as a finalist
• From the finalists, two winners will be selected: one chosen by the Conservancy and a “people’s choice” that has received the most “likes” on social media
• The photo must be taken between June 29 and July 13, 2020, and should not have been previously posted online
• Photographs must be taken by the person submitting an entry
• By submitting photos, participants agree to allow future use of their work by the Emerald Necklace Conservancy, with credit