This is an entirely virtual event that requires a time commitment of 2 hours.
Events are held throughout the week: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and some weekends. The full schedule can be found on our Project Giving Kids x HFA volunteer website.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Volunteers will join a Zoom video call to receive instruction and support from a Hunger Free America team member. Parent(s)/guardian(s) should be nearby.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
30 million children have lost access to meals due to school closures and periods of hybrid learning due to COVID-19. Families across this country are struggling with food insecurity at record numbers. Virtual outreach is a safe and effective way to share resources with the community. While this doesn't replace in person assistance, it does help broaden awareness of possible assistance.
Volunteer with HFA to help connect families to food assistance!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, countless families have faced unprecedented circumstances that have caused financial strain and limited access to basic amenities like food and shelter. The HFA phone banking initiative serves to connect families with information and resources to support them during these times.
- Use a web based tool to contact community members and provide vital food resources and information, using a guided script.
A basic overview of the programs and resources will be reviewed at the start of the event.
Computer/laptop, reliable web access. Volunteers will be using a web based tool to make calls.
16+, comfortable using web tools and access to a phone to make calls.
Create an account and sign up for the date and time that make sense for you on our Project Giving Kids x HFA volunteer website. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details!
- Alone, with your family or friends, sign-up for an orientation.
- After the orientation, you will begin phone banking.
- Thanks for making a difference!
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.