In the comfort of your own home!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
All who serve use paracord, which gets its name from parachute cord and can hold up to 550 lbs. of weight. The bracelet provides 7.5 feet of cord in an emergency. Paracord “Survival” Bracelets can be used to:
- Secure camouflage nets to trees or vehicles
- Build a makeshift shelter
- Extend a security strap or rope to reach and haul heavy objects
- Create a harness to extract an injured person from a bad location
- Make a sling or splint
Paracord bracelets made by YOU are meaningful to Veterans and provide a symbolic appreciation for their service to our country.
The Mission Continues is a national nonprofit organization that connects military veterans with new missions in under-resourced communities.
Purchase the supplies needed then check out the step-by-step guide detailed in VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below.
- Purchase your supplies of paracord and clips. Here's an example on Amazon!
- Once your material arrives, check out this tutorial
- Make as many bracelets as you want and have fun!
- Email Patrick to coordinate shipment
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity