This activity can be done from the safety of your home or with friends!
You can do this anytime, and you can also join us live during Create the Change Week, Saturday, November 6, 2021 (12 pm Pacific / 3 pm Eastern). Advance Registration required. Click HERE to register.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Painting and leaving kindness rocks around your community helps brighten up the day of strangers and may inspire them to do something generous for someone else! When we inspire many people to do an act of kindness, we can create a wave of change!
The Kindness Rock Project is a viral trend where people, commonly children, paint pebbles or cobbles and leave them for others to find and collect. Photos of the painted rocks and hints of where to find them are commonly shared on Facebook groups.
Doing this activity for Create the Change®? Don't forget to register for the DIY CTC® Challenge to track your efforts and for your chance to join our end-of-week wrap party full of surprises!
- Rocks (smooth and flat best; clean; and big enough for your message)
- Acrylic Paint
- Pain Brushes (Large and small)
- Optional: Paint Pens/Markers
- Optional: spray sealant (e.g., Krylon clear gloss acrylic spray)
Gather all the necessary supplies, roll-out newspaper over your working surface and click "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for more details!
- Gather your supplies
- Create your painting space, lay newspaper
- Paint your rock with one base color
- Use Paint Pens or smaller brushes to create your artwork / message
- Once dry (24hrs), top coat your art with sealant OUTDOORS
- Take a picture and post to social and tag @ProjectGivingKids, @GivingTuesdaySpark and #KindnessRocks