Family Table operates four distributions each month, including one Sunday each in Waltham, Marblehead, and Canton, and a weekday distribution in Waltham. At our Sunday distributions, volunteers pack and deliver groceries to clients who are unable to drive or lack transportation.
View the schedule here.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The mission of Family Table is to end hunger in the Greater Boston Jewish community while serving people who need our assistance regardless of religious affiliation.
Family Table fulfills its mission by providing kosher food, creating a caring Jewish connection, and empowering people to make healthy eating a part of their daily lives.
JF&CS Family Table continues to serve our food pantry clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. In the past few months, our numbers have increased as we are providing emergency food for many people impacted by the ongoing health crisis.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Pack and deliver groceries on Sunday distribution days. Children are welcome. See our upcoming distribution dates in the chart below.
- Pack bags — Due to the expanded demand during the pandemic, we need help carefully pre-packing hundreds of bags on weekdays. Adults are preferred but a supervised child, age 12+, may participate (due to space limitations, only one volunteer under 17 years old per family).
- Assist during Marketplace —Volunteers help with set up, packing groceries, and distributing them during our curbside pick-up distribution for our clients on one Tuesday and/or Wednesday each month. Volunteers must be at least 17 years old. A supervised child, age 14+, may participate (due to space limitations, only one volunteer under 17 years old per family).
Strict social distancing guidelines are in place.
An automobile for grocery deliveries.
All volunteers 18 and older must undergo a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) background check processed by JF&CS and completed approximately two weeks prior to the distribution.
Based on state and federal guidance, we cannot accept volunteers who have an underlying health condition, are feeling unwell, have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (or an ill person whose COVID-19 status is in question), or are self-quarantining.
- Choose a date and location that works for you.
- Ask your grown up to fill out an application form or contact us with any questions at email@example.com or 781-693-5593.
- Please let us know you learned about this opportunity through PGK.
- Once you fill out an application, you or your grown up will be sent a Volunteer Forms Packet (including CORI background check) which must be completed by anyone 18+ and returned 2 weeks before your planned volunteer date.
- You will receive an email with instructions and social distancing guidelines for the day of your event.