Location varies depending on the month
Ongoing activity throughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Nothin' But Sand cleanups are a great way to help keep our beaches healthy, safe and clean. By picking up the trash that ends up at our beaches, we are protecting not only the ocean, but also beachgoers and marine animals from harm.
Help pick up litter and trash while having a fun day at the beach! Heal the Bay's Nothin' But Sand Beach Cleanups are held the third Saturday of every month from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Cleanups are a great way to complete community service hours, have fun with your friends and family, and help keep our beaches clean.
Help us make Nothin' But Sand a zero-waste event. Bags, garden gloves and water will be provided, but we encourage you to bring your own cleanup supplies and a reusable water bottle.
All participants must complete a safety waiver form and bring it the day of the beach cleanup. Safety waiver forms can be found at www.healthebay.org/waiver.
Check out the upcoming beach clean ups and RSVP before the one you plan to attend at https://healthebay.org/events. For questions or for more information, contact Halina Do-Linh, Volunteer Programs Manager, at (310) 393-6149 ext. 114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Please have a parent or guardian RSVP before each beach cleanup you plan to attend at https://healthebay.org/events/. This will tell you the location of the upcoming beach cleanups too. (If you're planning to bring more than 15 volunteers in your group, please contact us the week prior to the cleanup to insure available supply quantities.)
2. Have a parent or guardian complete and sign the safety waiver for you to bring the day of the cleanup.
3. Once at the beach cleanup, we will have a short safety presentation and will handout cleanup supplies.
4. Pick up any trash (that is safe to pick up!) and tally the quantity of each trash item you find. We will provide data cards for you to tally.
5. Turn in your data cards at the end. And have fun knowing that you are helping keep our beaches clean!