The Orientation will be held remotely via Zoom. Volunteering will take place on-site at Household Goods, Inc., 530 Main Street, Acton.
2022 - Our upcoming new volunteer orientations (held via Zoom) are:
- Tuesday, June 21st at 7-8 pm
- Saturday, July 9th 10-11 am
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Must be over 14 years old and able to lift and move large and sometimes heavy furniture.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We rely on hundreds of volunteers to help receive goods from donors and then distribute them to people in need. Every year, our volunteers help 7000 people from 2500 homes!
High-school students with time to spare?
- We are looking for furniture movers to help move furnishings in and out of storage pods.
- Immediate openings after school until 4 pm, Wednesdays and Fridays; other shifts may be available.
- COVID safety measures include social distancing and all volunteers wear masks.
- Visit Householdgoods.org to sign up for the volunteer orientation session.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
You MUST wear a mask and closed toe shoes (like sneakers). Strength and dexterity to move sometimes large and/or heavy furniture. Furniture movers work together to move larger items and use hand trucks and carts.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
Register as a volunteer on our site and sign-up for our New Volunteer Orientation. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
- Visit the volunteer section of our website.
- Complete the online registration volunteer form.
- Let them know you learned about this opportunity through PGK.
- Once you have completed the form, you will be asked to select an orientation session.
- Select the next New Volunteer session.
- Need help? Please e-mail Volunteer@HouseholdGoods.org or call 978-635-1710 x6 with questions.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.