San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living
302 Silver Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94112
Ongoing activity throughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required if under age 14)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Society often overlooks adults as they age. Your involvement helps prevent isolation and reminds older adults that they are still valued and brings joy and purpose to their lives!
Studies show that listening to music keeps our brains engaged. Put your talent into play through either an instrument or your voice at our coffee bar or at weekly concerts, or simply share the benefit of music and song with an individual resident. Pianos are available on site. Opportunities to perform are based on availability and interests.
*Note: We ask that you commit to 40 years of volunteer service per year.
Good communication skills, interest in working with seniors, and ability to sing and/or play musical instrument preferred
Children under the age of 14 may need supervision. Please note all volunteers must complete an orientation/training and are required to take a Tuburculosis Test (as we are a skilled nursing facility).
Visit our website at www.sfcjl.lorg and fill out the under 18 online volunteer application. Contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade, at 415-469-2229 or email@example.com for questions or to schedule an orientation/training. Volunteers under 14 need to be accompanied by an adult.
1. Decide if you have reliable transportation and time to help enhance the lives of a seniors. If so, talk to your parents about getting involved with the San Francisco Campus of Jewish Living.
2. Complete our online volunteer application.
3. You will be contacted once your application has been reviewed to discuss our required orientation/training.
4. Attend required orientation/training. Take required TB test.
5. Once approved as a volunteer, contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade.
6. Schedule an initial visit facilitated by the Director of Volunteer Services.