In your home, community.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
These books housed in our library will serve as powerful tools in enabling students to gain a better understanding of both their own culture and the cultures of others.
Storytelling is one of the easiest and accessible approaches for teaching race, equity, diversity and inclusion. Please help Sportsmen’s expand our library by hosting a multicultural book drive for our youth. Books like these not only allow children to see themselves on the pages, but also help them understand that despite our many differences, all people share common feelings and aspirations.
Collection bin, and perhaps a box to ship.
For a sampling of different multicultural books for kids, see HERE.
Get organized to hold a 'multicultural book" drive for our library! See "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" below for step-by-step instructions!
- Set a due date to collect the items.
- Tell your friends, family and neighbors about your drive and where they can drop off their donations - give them a due date.
- Provide them with a bin at the drop-off location or arrange to pick up, safely and masked!
- Once you have collected the books, please box them for shipment or place in sturdy bags or boxes for delivery.
- Optional: Take a picture of your books and post to social media with hashtags #stectennis #projectgivingkids
- Print, complete and include one donation slip with your books.
- Box and deliver or ship your books to the Attention of Mary Long at Sportsmen's Tennis and Enrichment Center, 950 Blue Hill Avenue Boston, MA 02124.
- Any questions, please email Mary Long or call her at 617-288-9092.