Throughout the Emerald Necklace:
- Back Bay Fens
- Justine Mee Liff Park
- Olmsted Park
- Jamaica Pond
- Franklin Park
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
This is an all-ages activity, except for the cleanup at Jamaica Pond, which is open only to people 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by a guardian.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Trash is dangerous for the animals that live in the park and the Muddy River...and it looks ugly. With your help, we'll remove the trash, protecting the animals and the river, and make things look better too!
Check back here in early 2022 for information on the Muddy River Cleanup and how you can participate!
Join community groups to pick up trash around the park to help keep the Muddy River clean. Following our Covid-19 Event Protocols, each cleanup event will be capped at 25 participants and all volunteers will be required to wear a face covering and practice social distancing during the event.
*Volunteers will be supplied trash bags, gloves, snack, and trash grabbers (depending on site and availability). All tools that have to be returned will be sanitized before and after the event. Please wear closed toe shoes.
Optional: Suggested Donation of $5 for Non-Profit, Family or Individual Volunteers.
Figure out if you are available some time during the designated week in April. Register online HERE.
- Register online.
- Pick up your bag and gloves at the designated meeting place.
- Walk the grounds, picking up all the trash you can find.
- Leave your trash bag(s) by one of the garbage cans located in the park.
- Return to the meeting place to let someone know how many bags you collected and leave knowing you helped clean a park and protect the animals!
- If you have questions about volunteering in a specific region, or would like to follow up on your registration please contact Julia Damiano, Land Steward Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.