DURATIONMore than 4 hours
You choose the place: at home, at school, a local business or place of worship. We can also plan a Packing Party at our offices with enough notice.
We are always happy to host a packing party, we take goodie bags on all of our missions and are always accepting items and help!
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Class, Scout troop, sports team or other like-minded group of kids
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Simple things such as new toothbrushes, toothpaste, hygiene (hotel or travel size) items, Neosporin type ointment, Hand Sanitizer, and blankets that we can sometimes take for granted make a huge difference in the lives of the children we see in the countries we visit. The children are always so grateful and happy to receive the items we bring, and a little bit goes a long way!
Help our team of surgeons, nurses, technicians and volunteers get ready for their next trips to developing countries to treat children requiring life-saving or life-mending surgeries by helping us pack for our missions.
1. Boxes to collect items
2. Signs for the boxes listing what you are collecting and the collection period in which items may be donated
Decide when and where you will do your collection drive and follow the instructions provided. If you have questions or to set up a time to deliver your collected items, contact Tori Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Identify the location at which you would like to do your collection.
2. Secure boxes and make signs listing the items you are collecting, how long your collection will last, and that the collected items will benefit children served by Mending Kids. Suggested items for collection include:
- hygiene (hotel or travel size) items
- Neosporin type ointment
- Hand Sanitizer
- Stamps for our office
- copy paper for our office
3. At the end of your collection period, pack your collected items into a box to be shipped to Mending Kids at 1101 North Pacific Ave Suite 200 Glendale CA 91202 or arrange a time with Tori Wilson to drop off your donations by sending an email to email@example.com.