DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
You can donate from home by inviting friends to donate to the Amazon menstrual care list below:
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
This activity can be undertaken by large groups, families and individuals.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
This year we are partnering with the Food Bank of NYC to support food and housing insecure girls and women in New York. Currently more than 4,000 single women in New York City are unsheltered. Your donations help uplift the sense of dignity and care of women and girls who are in need in New York City.
Did you know:
22 million women and girls living in poverty in America cannot afford menstrual hygiene products every month?
But you can:
Donating menstrual hygiene products to organizations helping girls and women in need make a great difference!
- Access to the internet
- Access to the Amazon wishlist
Adults are needed to purchase and donate supplies to the Amazon wish list for menstrual care.
Organize a group to learn about period poverty and how you can help.
- Write an email or share a post on social media explaining how severe period poverty in the US is. For example, 22 million women and girls living in poverty in OUR United States cannot afford menstrual hygiene products every month but they are a necessity.
- Here is a video to share that shows what a woman who is experiencing homelessness experiences while on her menstrual cycle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABch4VYOJZ0
- Direct volunteers to support by donating to the Amazon wish list for menstrual care: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/CH1YOJ0WXB8Q/ref=cm_go_nav_hz
- Express our appreciation to your group for supporting women and girls in New York City!