From your kitchen (although you will also need to drop off your makings at NHIFP).
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
For someone who might otherwise not have all the food they need, the gift of a simple sack lunch can provide both necessary nutrients and also a dose of comfort. By taking the time to make a few sack lunches, you'll be sharing some of your favorite foods with neighbors who will greatly benefit from your kindness.
Prepare and deliver 10 sack lunches. Lunches must include a sandwich (PB & J; turkey, ham and/or cheese), a piece of fruit (oranges are best), chips and/or cookies (small bag), a drink (water) and a napkin. Energy bars/ raisins also good. Brown or white paper sack bags and please label OUTSIDE with type of sandwich.
NHIFP provides food for food insecure people of our community.
Make 10-12 sack lunches for our unhoused neighbors! Easy task to do in the comfort of your own home!
ONE Sack lunch consists of:
- a sandwich (PB & J; turkey, ham and/or cheese)
- a piece of fruit (oranges are best)
- chips and/or cookies (small bag)
- a drink (water) and a napkin
- Energy bars/ raisins also good
- Brown or white paper sack bags
- please label OUTSIDE with type of sandwich
Please review the step-by-step guide in "View Instructions" for details of what to purchase and organize any materials you need to make 10-12 sack lunches!
- Organize your materials to create 10-12 sack lunches (see the required items/supply list)
- Make 10-12 sack lunches!
- Be sure to have a grown-up oversee all the parts that require use of a knife!
- Please use our Sign Up Genius
North Hollywood Interfaith Food Pantry: 4390 Colfax Avenue, Studio City, CA 91604
(Pantry is to the rear of the church, through the parking lot, off of Troost Ave. which is one block east of Colfax.)
- Be sure to let us know this volunteer activity came from PGK
- Fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity