At your home, with delivery to a local hospital near year
All year long
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDMom, dad or other grown-up's assistance and/or facilitation is required
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your Jared Box will entertain and lift the spirits of a child in the hospital. It can be difficult and sometimes scary to be in a hospital when you're a kid. Your box filled with well wishes, fun and love will make a child feel special and help them feel better during a difficult time in their lives.
A Jared Box is a plastic shoe box filled with games, toys, activities and notes for a child undergoing medical treatment in a hospital. Boxes are easy, fun, and inexpensive to make and can lift the spirits of a child in a hospital NEAR YOU! Whether you make one or more Jared Boxes, you can help entertain children going through a tough period in their young lives by giving the gift of play.
1. Shoe box sized clear plastic container with lid (or multiple if making more than one)
2. Small toys, games, stuffed animals, art supplies, books, stickers, etc. for a selected age group (i.e., boy, age 4-8)
3. Stickers to decorate your box
4. A printer, peel-and-stick labels and card stock
Check out our website at www.thejaredbox.com where you will find the labels and note cards you need to download and print, along with a hospital directory to help you identify a hospital near you that might like to receive your boxes. For questions, email email@example.com.
1. Purchase a clear, plastic shoe box size storage bin at a local craft, department or dollar store.
2. Select whether you want to make a box for a boy or a girl and the approximate age of the child.
3. Go to a local craft, department and/or dollar store to select some items for your box. Items can include books, small games, stuffed animals, toys, balls, stickers, arts and crafts and anything else you think might be fun and easy for a child in the hospital to enjoy. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FOOD OR CANDY.
4. Once your box is full, download the Jared Box labels and standard note card at www.thejaredbox.com. Put the labels on the box and write a card with special well wishes and warm thoughts from you.
5. Check the hospital directory on our website: www.thejaredbox.com to find a local hospital near you that could benefit from your donation (if you don't have one in mind already). If you run into any problems finding a hospital, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help!
6. Contact the hospital and ask if they would like to receive your special box of toys for one (or more) of their patients. Find a time to make the delivery.
7. Drop off your Jared Box and know you helped brighten the day of another child!