DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
At your kitchen table
Ongoing activity throughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Many homebound seniors feel lonely in their daily lives. Because they don't get around as much as they used to, they often miss the daily human interactions they used to have and are grateful for every phone call, visit, letter, or email they receive. A homemade card from a caring person can really brighten a senior's day. It makes them feel loved and remembered.
Make holiday cards for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or any other holiday of your choosing and bring a little cheer to homebound seniors. St. Vincent Meals on Wheels will make sure they get delivered along with needed food and a friendly smile!
Doing this activity for Create the Change®? Don't forget to record your impact by reporting the number of cards you made!
1. Card stock or paper
2. Paints, crayons, and/or markers
3. Stickers or other decorations to make the cards extra special
*Note: NO GLITTER OF ANY KIND PLEASE.
Make as many cards as you can and mail your completed cards to St. Vincent Meals on Wheels, 2303 Miramar Street, Los Angeles, CA 90057.
For questions, contact Christine Calderon-Caruso at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
1. Decide what kind of holiday cards you want to make. Any upcoming holiday works for the St. Vincent Meals on Wheels program, as we make deliveries every day of the year!
2. Gather the necessary supplies to make your cards.
3. Sit down with siblings, friends or adults and make as many cards as you have the time and supplies to do so.
4. Mail your completed cards to:
St. Vincent Meals on Wheels
Attn: Christine Calderon-Caruso
2303 Miramar Street
Los Angeles, CA 90057
5. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK.
6. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.