DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
At your kitchen table
Ongoing activity throughout the year
WHO NEEDS TO HELPNone (project can be done by an individual with limited/no adult involvement)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Many homebound seniors feel lonely in their daily lives. Because they don't get around as much as they used to, they often miss the daily human interactions they used to have and are grateful for every phone call, visit, letter, or email they receive. A homemade card from a caring persion can really brighten a senior's day. It makes them feel loved and remembered.
Make holiday cards for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or any other holiday of your choosing and bring a little cheer to homebound seniors. St. Vincent Meals on Wheels will make sure they get delivered along with needed food and a friendly smile!
1. Card stock or paper
2. Paints, crayons, and/or markers
3. Stickers or other decorations to make the cards extra special
*Note: NO GLITTER OF ANY KIND PLEASE.
Make as many cards as you can and mail your completed cards to St. Vincent Meals on Wheels, 2303 Miramar Street, Los Angeles, CA 90057. For questions, contact Daryl Twerdahl, Executive Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Decide what kind of holiday cards you want to make. Any upcoming holiday works for the St. Vincent Meals on Wheels program, as we make deliveries every day of the year!
2. Gather the necessary supplies to make your cards.
3. Sit down with siblings, friends or parents and make as many cards as you have the time and supplies to do so.
4. Mail your completed cards to:
St. Vincent Meals on Wheels
Attn: Daryl Twerdahl
2303 Miramar Street
Los Angeles, CA 90057