In the comfort of your own homes and communities!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
This activity allows for low income and at-risk youth to have the materials necessary to participate in our workshops and programming.
SJSA empowers individuals to use textile art as a framework for activism. Support the Social Justice Sewing Academy (SJSA) by creating kits with fabric and fabric markers for workshops facilitated for low-income and at-risk youth.
- Gallon Ziploc Bags
- White, Off-White, or Cream yards of Kona cotton fabric
- Printer Paper
- Fabric Markers
- Fabric Glue
- Scraps of fabric
Review the required supplies list and see VIEW INSTRUCTIONS to get started.
- Cut 15 x 15 inch fabric squares from yards of fabric
- Fold (1) 15 x 15 inch fabric square and place inside Ziploc bag
- Place 8-10 small (at least 5 x 4 inches) fabric scraps into the Ziploc bag
- Add 1-2 fabric markers and 1 fabric glue inside of Ziploc
- Include 1-2 pieces of printer paper
- Mail to: Social Justice Sewing Academy PO Box 2473 Antioch, CA 94531
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK by including a packaging slip
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity