In your home, school or community.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Depending on age, there may be assistance needed with cutting the fleece.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
One basic need of our animals is a comfortable and safe place to stay during their time at the adoption center. These fleece blankets will provide comfort and warmth for some lucky animals!
Make an easy, no-sew blanket for a pet living in an animal shelter!
Fleece, ruler, scissors.
You will need (to purchase) 2 yards of fleece for each blanket. Gather your fleece, a ruler and scissors.
To make a blanket:
- Cut two pieces of fleece that are each a yard--both square or both rectangle.
- Lay one rectangle on top of the other so they completely overlap.
- Cutting through both layers, cut a 3-inch square out of each corner, and discard them.
- Cut slits 3 inches long by approximately 3/4 inch wide along all four sides. Make the cuts as even as you can. This will look like fringe.
- Tie individual fringes together, top layer fringe to bottom layer fringe, using double knots. To make it easier, you can skip tying every other fringe.
- For video instruction, watch this YouTube.