DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
Cards can be made wherever you like.
We are accepting cards from now until November 30th, 2020.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Parents of younger children, please help your child follow the instructions below and mail to us by November 30th, 2020. Don't forget matching envelopes for your cards AND to include a note with your name and address, and that you found us through Project Giving Kids!
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Jewish Family and Children's Service's Schechter Holocaust Services continues to ensure that Holocaust survivors have the support they need to age with dignity while maintaining meaningful connections with one another and with the Jewish community.
Schechter Holocaust Services (SHS) aims to support the physical and emotional well-being of Holocaust survivors in in the Boston area by:
- Connecting them with resources that reliably meet basic needs
- Helping them manage activities of daily living so they can continue living in their home of choice
- Reducing isolation by facilitating social connection and engagement
Your cards will help clients feel connected and remembered, which is even more important during these challenging times.
We would love your help to spread Chanukkah Hanukkah Channukah Hannukah joy! ?
We would like to create and send handmade “Happy Chanukkah” cards to all clients of JF&CS Schechter Holocaust Services.
Can we make 450 cards this month?
We say YES, WE CAN!
- Blank cards or folded card stock and right-sized envelopes
- Markers, pens, pencils or crayons
- Any additional decorations of your choosing, preferably not 3D gems, etc. as they don't mail well.
- Please mail* the cards in an envelope or box to:
Volunteer Services Manager, JF&CS
1430 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02451
*For in person drop-off at our Waltham, MA offices, please contact Ava for arrangements at email@example.com
- Please be sure to put a note inside the envelope or box with your name and email address so we know who the cards are coming from. (So important!)
Though some people have been creating cards out of card stock, others have used prepared blank card sets. Below are a couple of Amazon links to sets of cards and envelopes that card-makers have found useful:
Due date: Please arrange to have all cards to JF&CS by November 30th so we can mail the cards before Chanukkah.
Please see "View Instructions" below.
- Please use blank cards or folded card stock.
- On the outside write “Happy Chanukkah” and decorate it any way you’d like.
- On the inside please write a short cheerful note. Our favorite is “Wishing you a Chanukkah filled with Light” but you are welcome to come up with your own wording.
- Please sign your first name, followed by “a JF&CS Volunteer” next to or below your name. Card-makers under age 18 can write their age as well if they’d like.
- Place cards next to their matching envelopes. Please do not put them in the envelopes as we read every card before we send them.
Of course, please reach out (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions!