At your kitchen table or in your classroom
Ongoing activity throughout the year.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required).
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your hand-made bookmarks can help reminder younger readers that literacy is important and can also be fun!
Help make bookmarks for other kids in your area who are learning how to read!
Doing this activity for Create the Change®? Don't forget to register for the DIY CTC® Challenge to track your efforts and for your chance to join our end-of-week wrap party full of surprises!
3. Coloring supplies like markers or crayons
4. Anything else you would like to decorate with such as ribbon, stickers, glitter pens, etc.
For questions or to set up a time to deliver your bookmarks, contact us at volunteerSF@readingpartners.org.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
1. Cut strips of cardstock to measure 6.5 x 1.5 inches.
2. Decorate strips with inspiring messages and colorful decorations. Get creative with color, stickers, and other materials.
3. For an added flair, punch a hole on top and add yarn or ribbon.
4. Repeat as many times as you want and mail or deliver completed bookmarks to our office.
Reading Partners San Francisco Bay Area
ATTN: Program Operations Manager
180 Grand Ave. St. #800
Oakland, CA 95610
Ideas for Bookmark Messages:
• Time for reading!
• I'm a bookworm.
• Sssh! I'm reading
• Dive into a book
• Enter a different world - read!
• Enjoy a book- get reading!
• I've got my head in a book
• Have you chosen a good book?
• Reading is fun!
• I love reading!
• Reading is cool!
• Reading forever!
• Make friends with a book!
• What's inside your book?
• Born to read
• I'm off to see the world - read!
• I'm ready for reading!
• On your mark, get set, READ!
4. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteered activity through PGK!
5. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.