At your kitchen table or craft table!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your hand-made bookmarks can help reminder younger readers that literacy is important and can also be fun!
Reading Partners was founded in the Silicon Valley in 1999. Since then, Reading Partners has been successfully providing volunteer-led, one-on-one literacy tutoring to K-5 students in three counties across Silicon Valley. We currently operate reading centers in twenty schools in Sunnyvale, San Jose, Redwood City, Hayward, San Mateo, Mountain View, and Atherton.
Help make bookmarks for other kids in your area who are learning how to read!
- Coloring supplies like markers or crayons
- Anything else you would like to decorate with such as ribbon, stickers, glitter pens, etc.
Collect and organize all your materials then follow the step-by-step instructions in VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below!
- Cut strips of cardstock to measure 6.5 x 1.5 inches.
- Decorate strips with inspiring messages and colorful decorations. Get creative with color, stickers, and other materials.
- For an added flair, punch a hole on top and add yarn or ribbon.
- Repeat as many times as you want and mail or deliver completed bookmarks to our office.
Reading Partners San Francisco Bay Area
ATTN: Program Operations Manager
180 Grand Ave. St. #800
Oakland, CA 95610
Ideas for Bookmark Messages:
• Time for reading!
• I'm a bookworm.
• Sssh! I'm reading
• Dive into a book
• Enter a different world - read!
• Enjoy a book- get reading!
• I've got my head in a book
• Have you chosen a good book?
• Reading is fun!
• I love reading!
• Reading is cool!
• Reading forever!
• Make friends with a book!
• What's inside your book?
• Born to read
• I'm off to see the world - read!
• I'm ready for reading!
• On your mark, get set, READ!
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.