In your home, school or community.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Depending on age, there may be assistance needed with cutting the fleece.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Baby Blankets are always urgently needed by our young families. Please help us help them by making a comfortable and warm blanket.
Make an easy, no-sew blanket for baby-in-need!
Fleece, ruler, scissors.
You will need (to purchase) 3 yards of fleece for each blanket. Gather your fleece, a ruler and scissors.
To make a blanket:
- Cut two pieces of fleece that are each a 1.5 yards--both square.
- Lay one square on top of the other so they completely overlap.
- Cutting through both layers, cut a 3-inch square out of each corner, and discard them.
- Cut slits 3 inches long by approximately 3/4 inch wide along all four sides. Make the cuts as even as you can. This will look like fringe.
- Tie individual fringes together, top layer fringe to bottom layer fringe, using double knots. To make it easier, you can skip tying every other fringe.
- For video instruction, watch this YouTube.
- Send or drop off your blankets at Room to Grow: