In your home, school or community.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Depending on age, there may be assistance needed with cutting the fleece.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Baby Blankets are always urgently needed by our families, and especially during the Fall and Winter months. This Fall and Winter, Room to Grow will distribute approximately 5,600 blankets.
Make an easy, no-sew blanket!
Doing this activity for Create the Change®? Don't forget to register for the DIY CTC® Challenge to track your efforts and for your chance to join our end-of-week wrap party full of surprises!
Fleece, ruler, scissors.
You will need 3 yards of fleece for each blanket or a no-sew blanket-making kit from your local craft store. Gather your fleece, a ruler and scissors. See "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" below for step-by-step instructions.
To make a blanket:
- Cut the two pieces of fleece so that they are approximately 1.5 yard squares.
- Lay one square on top of the other so they completely overlap and so that the brighter-colored sides are facing out.
- Cutting through both layers, cut a 5-inch square out of each corner, and discard them.
- Cut slits 5 inches long by approximately 1 inch wide along all four sides. Make the cuts as even as you can. This will look like fringe.
- Tie individual fringes together, top layer fringe to bottom layer fringe, using double knots.
- For video instruction, watch this YouTube video.
- Print, complete and include this donation slip so we know you heard about us through PGK!
- Send your blankets to Room to Grow: 63 Sprague Street, Hyde Park, MA 02136 (Or, To schedule a drop-off, please use our calendar).
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.