At home, in your classroom, with your scout group.
Thanksgiving, for someone's Birthday, Mother's Day, for a teacher, anyone!
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
With gratitude, people acknowledge the goodness in their lives. In the process, people usually recognize that the source of that goodness lies at least partially outside themselves. As a result, being grateful also helps people connect to something larger than themselves as individuals — whether to other people, nature, or a higher power.
In positive psychology research, gratitude is strongly and consistently associated with greater happiness. Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity, and build strong relationships. Source: Harvard Health Publishing
Show your appreciation by creating a Thankful Mobile (for a teacher, Thanksgiving, a parent, someone celebrating a birthday or special occasion).
- You will need a large popsicle stick, branch or round embroidery hoop
- String, yarn or twine
- Paper for thank you notes in shape of your choice
- markers in color theme of your choice
- A nail, tack or ceiling hook to hang your mobile
Watch this video for inspiration; decide which colors/theme you would like to use and click VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details!
- Decide what colors, theme (holiday, birthday, etc)
- If a birthday theme, your thankful notes can be in the form of balloons; hearts for Valentine's Day; leaves for Thanksgiving; etc.
- Gather your supplies
- Write a different reason to be thankful on each piece of paper using markers
- Attach the string to one end of your paper and the other to the stick or hoop
- Use more string to attach to the stick in order to hang on ceiling hook or on wall with nail or tack.
- Display your mobile in your home, school or give as a gift.