In the comfort and safety of your own home.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Youth-led initiatives help make changes that are long-term and sustainable. You have the power to make a difference!
Our mission is to empower communities to leap into the future of clean energy.
Design and build planters out of plastic water bottles as a way to combat plastic pollution and waste. Utilize resources available at home, or would otherwise be considered waste, to create a purpose for a plastic bottle, as opposed to dumping into a landfill.
- plastic bottle
- seeds (If you do not have any packaged seeds, look within your garden for any flowers that contain seeds!)
- twine or string
- scissors (Please be careful when utilizing scissors and have an adult present to aid you in this portion of the activity.)
- hole punch (optional)
Spread the Word and Save our Planet!
Reference our slideshow, Trash Art, for a step-by-step guide to creating your own trash art.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for additional details.
- Begin collecting empty water bottles and organize your materials (scissors, hole punch, tape, soil, twine, succulents and/or seeds, etc.).
- Reference our slideshow, Trash Art.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.