179 Amory St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Kitchen volunteer shifts are currently Monday through Friday from 9 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 5 pm.
We are requiring that all volunteers take their temperature at home and adhere to the extra health and safety measures required to enter our building.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
At Community Servings, we believe in the power of food to heal and most importantly to bring hope to our clients who are dealing with critical or chronic illnesses. You will be preparing and packaging the food in our industrial kitchen which will then go out and be delivered to our clients. You will be directly helping those without access to healthy food, and who are too sick to go to the store or make food for their families.
If you are 13 years or older, you can volunteer to work in our kitchen. We are in need of 10-12 individual volunteers to join a few members of our culinary team in the kitchen.
1. Shoes that completely cover and protect the feet (socks and sneakers preferred)
2. Pants without rips or tears
3. A long sleeved shirt
4. Please note that all kitchen volunteers are required to wear a face mask or other similar covering during their shift. Due to a limited supply, we ask that you bring a clean face mask with you. A bandana or other cloth face covering may also be used if you do not have a face mask at home.
You must be 13 or older to volunteer. If under 18, you must have a parent, guardian, or chaperone sign the waiver on your behalf.
Sign up for a volunteer shift using Community Servings' online calendar. Then, see "View Instructions" below for details.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have their parent/guardian submit a volunteer waiver prior to their first time volunteering. New volunteers will receive a 20 minute orientation at the start of their first volunteer shift.
- Make sure you bring a clean face mask.
- Be sure to let the nonprofit know this activity came from PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.
- If you have any questions, please contact Nate Ross at (617) 522-7777 ext 228 or email@example.com.