In your home.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Help with mailing or delivering items.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
These bags will be distributed by our community outreach team to families in underserved communities. We are focused on being a resource to our community. We set up pop-up kiosks and also work with local food pantries to supply pet food and help with emergent needs of people who have pets and are affected by the crisis.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is putting the nation’s animals at risk. People are losing the ability to pay for essential supplies and veterinary care for pets. Support us by filling and decorating ziplock bags of dry dog and/or cat food.
"While our adoption programs work to bring people and pets together, our Community Outreach programs work to keep families and pets together."
Large bag of dry dog or cat food
Gallon-size ziplock bags
Markers to decorate the zip-lock bags
Labeling: this can be with marker paper and tape, or self-adhesive labels
Mailing Supplies (Box)
Gather supplies! Consider asking neighbors to donate a bag of kibble and/or ask your local pet store for a donation by telling them about this activity.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below.
- Decorate and label the ziplock bags prior filling with kibble.
- Label should include:
- Dog or Cat Food
- Main Ingredients (e.g. chicken, lamb, etc)
- Fill the bags with kibble.
- Arrange to drop off or ship to MSPCA Boston, 350 South Huntington Ave, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130.
- Don't forget to include your donation PGK slip!
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.