Service project locations vary. Meetings of the YAC are held at LA Family Housing at 7843 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91605. During COVID 19, please reach out to Melanie by email at MBerringer@LAFH.org
All year long - applications for the new school year are due in September!
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
None (unless you do not drive and need transportation assistance to service activities)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Students can play a significant role in the push to end homelessness. You are bright, well-connected and have meaningful insight into how today's youth view various social inequities. The skills, passion, and commitment you bring to the table can help shape the behavior of your generation, including influencing your peers' understanding of how they play a role in bringing healing and justice to local communities, cities, states and the world.
LA Family Housing (LAFH) helps people transition out of homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing and services. The Youth Action Council (YAC) is a strong network of compassionate students dedicated to connecting resources to the LAFH community through intentional service, advocacy and education. Students must be in 10th, 11th or 12th grade to join the YAC.
Time, compassion and a desire to make a difference!
Transportation to and from required service activities and meetings is also necessary.
Students must be in grades 10, 11 or 12 to participate in the YAC.
To learn more or for questions or an application for the YAC, contact Melanie by email at MBerringer@LAFH.org.
Please note students must be in grades 10, 11 or 12 to participate in the Youth Action Council.
See "View Instructions" for more details.
- Email Melanie ,Volunteer & Donations Manager at LAFH, to get a copy of the YAC application.
- Make sure you are able to commit to the core values of the YAC and the time commitment required.
- Complete the YAC application and return by the stated deadline. Please note applications for the new school year are due in September, but the YAC is an ongoing opportunity throughout the year.
- If accepted, mark your calendar for the upcoming meetings and service projects and get ready to make a difference in the lives of families across LA, and beyond!
- Be sure to let us know this volunteer activity came from PGK and to fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.