At home / in your community (with a drop at Big Sunday)
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Today, many people right here in America are worried about where their next meal is coming from. According to data from UCLA’s Center for Health Policy Research, at least 4 million Californians are struggling with food insecurity — being unable to put food on the table every day. More and more people are turning to food pantries to help them get the food they need. And these are not just homeless people, but often people with jobs who simply do not make enough money to feed their families. To help meet this need, Big Sunday is proud to host the End of the Month Club. You can be part of the solution by joining the Club!
Every month, Big Sunday sponsors a food drive to meet the huge demand from local nonprofits and food pantries. The items collected vary each month and food donations can be dropped off at the Big Sunday offices anytime. In addition, once a month, we host an open house to sort and count all the food from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Come on down!
Just a donation (or two or 15!) of the featured item of the month (and transportation for the drop-off)
To help with the monthly sort, volunteers must be 15 years of age unless accompanied by a parent.
For more information about what's being collecting this month or to find out when the next food sort will take place, contact Beenish Dhanani at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 549-9944. You can also check out the EOTMC page on the website. Must be 15 years of age unless accompanied by a parent.
2. Decide if you will:
- Just grab a one or two on your next trip to the store;
- Organize your neighborhood, class, team or club to all collect items (maybe even consider starting your own End-of-the-Month Club to support the Big Sunday EOTMC!);
- Drop off donations (only) or also stay to sort on our designated day.
3. Collect your donations as planned.
4. Drop off your donations at Big Sunday (6111 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90038) by the third Wednesday of the month.