This is a virtual opportunity; you can send letters and care packages to deployed men and women from home (or anywhere)!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Most service members enjoy hearing their name called during mail call, to learn that a card, letter or package from home has been mailed out for them. A great way to express this impact - a quote from a recipient: "You all made a big impact on my deployment. It was a breath of fresh air to see that random people who we didn't even know send care packages to us. It wasn't the package that made it amazing, it was the feeling I got when I received it from someone I didn't even know." Your letters and packages may be the much-needed bright spot in a soldier's day!
Send letters and care packages to deployed male and female Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines or Guardsmen! Bring a piece of home to someone far away from their family and friends.
1. Pen or Pencil (or letters can be typed and printed out on a computer)
3. Goodies for the care package
4. Envelope/Shipping Box
6. Shipping Label/First class postage
Any age child may participate with Soldiers' Angels Deployed Adoptions Team, but we ask that an adult over the age of 18 register and work with the child. We ask that once matched as an Angel, you send the service member at least four letters and one care package a month until the service member returns home.
Register here (http://soldiersangels.org/join-soldiers-angels.html) as a Team Angel or feel free to contact our Director of Volunteer Services, Susie Turner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (210) 245-9885 to get started.
1. Register as a Team Angel through the Soldiers' Angels website: www.soldiersangels.org. If a minor, a parent or guardian will need to do so. (Registration is done through the red volunteer button on the website.)
2. During the registration process, parent/guardian is asked to set up a recurring donation of at least $1 a month. (This is used to defray the cost of our system used to track volunteers and their activities.)
3. After the registration is approved, log-in and request to receive the name and address of a deployed service member.
4. Once you obtain a name and address, write your letters and fill your care package with goodies.
5. Prepare the envelope or package with the name and address, as provided.
6. Mail the letter or package.
7. Report your great work! There is a place to report, listed with name and address information. (You are asked to report the number of letters/packages, the amount of time given to your letter writing/package fulfillment and the cost.)
8. If interested in bringing a smile to another soldier, pick up another person/name to write and send care packages to!