This is a virtual opportunity; you can send baked goods to deployed men and women from home (or anywhere)!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Most service members enjoy hearing their name called during mail call, to learn that a card, letter, or package from home has been mailed out for them. A great way to express this impact - a quote from a baked goods recipient: "Thanks so much for the wonderful cookies. Nothing like a little home baked goodness to make the day a little brighter. Me and my fellow Soldiers truly appreciate your time and effort in sending us this little slice of love." Your cookies, brownies, or other delicious treats may be the much-needed bright spot in a soldier's day!
Send baked goods to deployed Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines or Guardsmen! Ensure no service member feels alone.
1. Baking Supplies
2. Containers to protect your baked good during shipping
3. Optional - Pen or Pencil and Paper to write a message (or notes can be typed and printed out on a computer)
4. Shipping Box
6. Shipping Label/First class postage
Any age child may participate with Soldiers' Angels Angel Bakers Team, but we ask that an adult over the age of 18 register and work with the child. We ask that once matched as an Angel, you send at least one package a month.
Register here (http://soldiersangels.org/join-soldiers-angels.html) as a Team Angel or feel free to contact our Director of Volunteer Services, Susie Turner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (210) 245-9885 to get started.
1. Register as a Team Angel through the Soldiers' Angels website: www.soldiersangels.org. If a minor, a parent or guardian will need to do so. (Registration is done through the red volunteer button on the website.)
2. During the registration process, parent/guardian is asked to set up a recurring donation of at least $1 a month. (This is used to defray the cost of our system used to track volunteers and their activities.)
3. After the registration is approved, log-in and request to receive the name and address of a deployed service member.
4. Once you obtain a name and address, get baking!
5. Prepare the package with the name and address, as provided.
6. Mail the package.
7. Report your great work! There is a place to report, listed with name and address information. (You are asked to report the number of packages, the amount of time given to your baking and the cost.)
8. If interested in bringing a smile to another soldier, pick up another person/name to bake for!