This is a virtual opportunity; you can craft comfort items for veterans and deployed men and women from home (or anywhere)!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Veterans and service members enjoy learning that someone crafted a handmade item just for them. A great way to express this impact - a quote from a recipient: "Just wanted to pass on a note of appreciation for all the great work you do for us. I'm here at the LRMC Wounded Warrior unit, with my SA flannel blanket and pillow case. Makes my bed my own! ...the first few days I was here, there wasn't a pillowcase to be found...Thankfully, the SA pillow cases arrived, and were all snatched up that day." Your crafted gift may be the much-needed bright spot in a veteran's or soldier's day!
Give blankets to veterans and deployed Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines or Guardsmen! Knit, sew, crochet, quilt, or make no-sew blankets as gifts of support.
1. Craft supplies (fabric, yarn, scissors, needles, hooks, etc.)
2. Shipping Box
4. Shipping label/First class postage
Any age child may participate with Soldiers' Angels Sewing and Crafting Team, but we ask that an adult over the age of 18 register and work with the child.
Register here (http://soldiersangels.org/join-soldiers-angels.html) as a Team Angel or feel free to contact our Director of Volunteer Services, Susie Turner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (210) 245-9885 to get started. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details!
1. Register as a Team Angel through the Soldiers' Angels website: www.soldiersangels.org. If a minor, a parent or guardian will need to do so. (Registration is done through the red volunteer button on the website.)
2. During the registration process, parent/guardian is asked to set up a recurring donation of at least $1 a month. (This is used to defray the cost of our system used to track volunteers and their activities.)
3. After the registration is approved, log-in and request to receive the name and address of a deployed service member.
4. Once you obtain a name and address, get crafting!
5. Prepare the package with the name and address, as provided.
6. Mail the package.
7. Report your great work! There is a place to report, listed with name and address information. (You are asked to report the number of items, the amount of time given to your crafting and the cost.)
8. If interested in bringing a smile to another soldier, pick up another person/name to craft for!
9. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK!
10. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.