Multiple locations throughout Massachusetts visit our website for a list of current walking clubs.
Based on location for each Xtra Mile Walking Club.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Volunteers 16 years and older can participate on their own. If younger than 16, an adult chaperone is required to also volunteer.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Volunteers are the backbone of Special Olympics Massachusetts. Xtra Mile Walking Clubs promote healthy activity for Special Olympics athletes and staying socially connected. #StayFitwithSOMA
Volunteers walk in-person with athletes and fellow volunteers to promote healthy activity and staying socially connected. Walking Clubs meet once a week on weekday evenings or weekends. They offer a flexible commitment and volunteers can join each week or as their schedule permits with advanced notice to monitor group size. All COVID-19 guidelines must be followed, including wearing a face mask, having a temperature check, answering screening questions, and signing COVID-19 safety waivers. Volunteers younger than 16 years must volunteer with an adult chaperone.
Must complete a Special Olympics MA waiver.
No experience needed. Volunteers younger than 16 years must volunteer with an adult chaperone.
Please email email@example.com to join an Xtra Mile Walking Club near you.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join an Xtra Mile Walking Club near you.
- Be sure to let the nonprofit know this activity came from PGK!
- Enjoy the spring weather outdoors and walk with athletes and fellow volunteers in your community!
- Fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.
- If these positions don’t match your interests and availability, please complete the Volunteer Interest Form and we will email you with additional volunteer opportunities in your area.