DURATIONMore than 4 hours
Anywhere you want to host the food collection. For example, you can set one up at your school or community center.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Adult assistance may be needed to coordinate the food drive and deliver the donated goods.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The mitzvah (good deed) of Ha'achalat Re'evim, feeding the hungry, is something you can do! For so many of our neighbors in Austin, having a pantry and a refrigerator full of food is not guaranteed. Our goal is to make food more available to them so that they don't have to worry about how they are going to get their next meal. By collecting food and donating to the Jewish Family Service Client-Choice Food Pantry, you are doing your part in the mitzvah of feeding the hungry.
The Jewish Family Service Client-Choice Food Pantry addresses food insecurity in all communities in the Greater Austin area. We rely on the support of the Austin community for donations of food and household items. You can help by hosting a food drive through your school, temple, Scouts event, neighborhood, birthday party, or ANYWHERE!
- Food drive location
- Collection bins or baskets
- Signs to spread the word
Interested in hosting a food drive? Follow the instructions below. For questions and to coordinate a drop off, contact Joan Eisenberg Maniere at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decide the location of your food drive and when it will start.
- Contact Joan Eisenberg Maniere email@example.com to determine current food pantry needs. Please let Joan know you learned about this opportunity through PGK.
- Set up collection bins at the site of your drive.
- Make signs that state what you are collecting and for how long the drive will last.
- Make sure to thank all those that donated to your food drive!
- Drop off or mail your donations to us.