699 Bellevue Ave
Oakland, CA 94610
2018 Jamboree dates: Saturday, October 27 & Sunday, October 28?
Morning shifts: 9:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Afternoon shifts: 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
WHO NEEDS TO HELPMom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Make a young child smile and help them celebrate Halloween by being a part of this special event at our magical park.
Jack O'Lantern Jamboree is Children's Fairyland's annual Halloween Celebration. During this event, volunteers contribute to an enhanced experience for our young guests by distributing treats at various stations. "More delightful than frightful", it provides a safe, fun and child-centered space for local children to experience the holiday. This two-day event is extremely popular and a volunteer favorite. Costumes encouraged!
1. Reliable transportation to Fairyland
2. Water bottle, snack, sunscreen and a hat, as desired (as Fairyland is 100% outdoors)
Minimum age is 12, with adult supervision during the entire shift. You and your grown-up will be paired together at the same station, making it a fun team/family effort! Parental consent is required in order to sign-up. We provide a waiver form for your parent/guardian to complete.
For questions or to volunteer for the event, please contact Vicky Chen, Volunteer Coordinator, at (510) 425-2259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Youth volunteers must be at least 12 years or older and accompanied and supervised by a parent/guardian at all times.
1. Talk to your parent/guardian to see if you have time to work a shift at the Jack o'Latern Jamboree. This year scheduled for Saturday, October 27 & Sunday, October 28.
2. If so, contact Vicky Chen, Volunteer Coordinator, at (510) 425-2259 or email email@example.com and let her know you and your parent/guardian would like to volunteer.
3. Arrive on time for your shift on your designated day.
4. Listen to the instructions given at the orientation.
5. Find your station and begin giving treats to young guests.
6. Punch their treat cards after you've given them the treats.
7. When you are running out of treats, alert a Fairyland staff member. We will re-stock your station with more treats.
8. Have fun and help our visitors get in the Halloween spirit!
NOTE: Please feel free to wear a costume if you'd like. No masks or scary costumes, as Fairyland serves young children ages 0-7.