DURATIONMore than 4 hours
At Household Goods, Inc., 530 Main Street, Acton.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Volunteers must be age 14 or older.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We rely on hundreds of volunteers to help receive goods from donors and then distribute them to people in need. Every year, we help 7000 people from 2500 homes!
Volunteer with Household Goods and become part of our success in the community. Volunteer opportunities are varied and the hours are flexible. Whether you can spare three hours a week or a month, we invite you to join us in our mission to assist those in need in our community. Volunteers must attend an orientation session at which they will learn about the different types of volunteer opportunities.
We welcome your time, energy and enthusiasm for making a difference in our community. Which clothes/shoes to wear will be based on which job you select, as well as the season.
Volunteers must be willing to commit at least 30 hours their first year. Most volunteer shifts are 3 hours, so this is about 1 shift per month for a year or one shift a week for a few months.
Learn about the various types of volunteer activities on our site and see VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
- Visit the volunteer section of our website to learn about different volunteer opportunities.
- Complete the online registration volunteer form.
- Once you have completed the form, you will be asked to select an orientation session.
- Click on one of the upcoming orientation sessions to sign-up for an Orientation Session. Or, call 978-635-1710 ext. 6 with any questions or for help with registration.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.