DURATIONMore than 4 hours
At your home or in your neighborhood.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
An adult's help will be needed to ensure safe handling of donations and to donate the collected items to RMH Boston Harbor.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Families that stay at RMH Boston Harbor travel from across the country and across the globe to receive health care at Boston area hospitals. Pediatric patients and their families often travel with few belonging and many have limited financial resources, especially during long stays.
RMH Boston Harbor supports our families with cost free accommodations and access to needed household items during their stay (i.e. laundry detergent, hygiene products, paper products, etc.).
Household items are used regularly and are often in need of replacing/replenishing before an RMHBH apartment is ready to welcome a new family. Our cache of household/wish list items is mainly stocked through donations from our community and volunteers like you!
The need for wish list items is ongoing.
Help support families traveling to the Boston area for life-saving pediatric healthcare by hosting a wish list drive in your neighborhood/school/with friends.
- Let your friends/family know about your drive! Email, call, or post a flyer with information about when/where you are collected donations and what kinds of donations you are accepting! (reach out to the Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteerboston@rmhcne.org for an up to date list of most needed items).
- A container to collect the donated items.
- An adult to help transport the donations and drop them off after your drive is complete!
Get organized by clicking on "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" below for step-by-step guidelines!
- Decide what wish list items you would like to collect. You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to ask about current house needs.
- Label your collection box and place it in a secure place outdoors where donations can be dropped off safely. (Make sure COVID-19 social distance protocols are being followed to ensure your safety)!
- Let your friends, family, classmates, and other members of your community know about your drive (include information about when and where to donate and what items are needed)! Keep them updated on the progress of your drive!
- Once your drive is complete, reach out to the Volunteer Coordinator at RMH Boston Harbor to schedule contactless delivery of your donation. Donations can be received from 9am-5pm 7 days a week. The Volunteer Coordinator can be reached via email at email@example.com or phone at 617-398-6458.
- Please fill out the impact survey of how many items you’re donating. Be sure to print the Donation Slip to include with your items!