At your home or in your neighborhood.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
An adult's help will be needed to ensure safe handling of donations and to donate the collected items to RMH Boston Harbor.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Families that stay at RMH Boston Harbor travel from across the country and across the globe to receive health care at Boston area hospitals. Pediatric patients and their families often travel with few belonging and many have limited financial resources, especially during long stays.
RMH Boston Harbor supports our families with cost free accommodations and access to food items in our share family pantry. The pantry is mainly stocked through donations from our community and volunteers like you!
The need for shelf stable pantry items is ongoing.
Help support families traveling to the Boston area for life-saving pediatric healthcare by hosting a nonperishable food drive in your neighborhood.
- Let your friends/family know about your drive! Email, call, or post a flyer with information about when/where you are collected donations and what kinds of donations you are accepting!
- A container to collect the donated items.
- An adult to help transport the donations and drop them off after your drive is complete!
Decide on a timeframe for your drive and what nonperishable food items you would like to collect. You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to ask about current house needs! See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
- Decide what nonperishable food items you would like to collect. You can reach out to email@example.com at any time to ask about current house needs. Items that are often needed include, rice/grains, pasta (including GF), beans, canned fish/chicken, dried fruits, nuts, peanut butter, shelf stable milk, canned fruits/vegetables, soups.
- Label your collection box and place it in a secure place outdoors where donations can be dropped off safely. (Make sure COVID-19 social distance protocols are being followed to ensure your safety)!
- Let your friends, family, classmates, and other members of your community know about your drive (include information about when and where to donate and what items are needed)! Keep them updated on the progress of your drive!
- Once your drive is complete, reach out to the Volunteer Coordinator at RMH Boston Harbor to schedule contactless delivery of your donation. Donations can be received from 9am-5pm 7 days a week. The Volunteer Coordinator can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 617-398-6458.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.