You choose the place – your school, your home or with your club or sports team.
Dignity Matters may be located in Massachusetts, but you can host a drive from anywhere and include family and friends all over the country. Virtual donation drives are easy with our Amazon Wishlist - just purchase any of our most-needed items from the list and they ship directly to our warehouse and are given to girls in need!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Dignity Matters seeks to end period poverty in Massachusetts. We currently provide free monthly menstrual care, underwear and bras to 8,500 girls and women. Without these items, girls miss school and women miss work. To provide these supplies to women and girls who are homeless or living in poverty, we rely on donation drives throughout the year. The economic impact of COVID-19 has devastated many families, and more women and girls than ever need help getting these supplies so they can live healthy, confident lives.
Help girls in need by hosting a donation drive at school or at home! Invite your friends, family, neighbors and classmates to donate menstrual care, underwear and bras. Many girls in your community don’t have the supplies they need to go to school and live comfortably - but you can help!
A large plastic bin to collect donations (for in-person drives)
First, please email Kate at email@example.com. She will help you get started by providing materials to share with your community and make sure you have everything you need for a fun and successful drive.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, your location and any ideas you have for your drive (will you be hosting it at school or home? Are you part of a larger organization?).
- Let Kate know you learned about Dignity Matters through PGK.
- Kate will help you get started and send you materials to help you market your drive.
- Choose a timeline for your drive. Will it happen on one day or will you allow individuals to donate for a month? Or something in between? Do you want to collect bras, underwear and menstrual supplies or just focus on 1 or 2 of the items?
If you are doing an in-person drive:
1. Obtain a large plastic bin that you can place in a high traffic area at school or on your front porch. Place the “Bin Flyer” Kate sends you on the bin so people know what to donate.
2. Tell friends, family, classmates, and neighbors that you are gathering menstrual supplies, bras and new underwear for your drive. You can post flyers in school, post on social media or send an email. Tell them where they can find your bin to donate and how long the bin will be there.
3. Once your drive is complete, contact Kate again (email@example.com) to coordinate a time to drop off at Dignity Matters’ warehouse in Framingham. Let her know if you would like a tour!
Please print, complete and include this SLIP with your donation.
If you are doing a virtual drive:
1. Tell friends, family, classmates and neighbors that you are gathering menstrual supplies, bras and new underwear for your drive. Using email, social media and flyers, give them the link to our Amazon WishList and tell them when the drive ends so they have a deadline to purchase. Ask them to spread the word to anyone else they think might want to help, too!