You choose the place: at home, at school, local business, or place of worship
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement likely required)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The books you donate from your book drive will go directly to babies and toddlers to help them build a home library of 130 books by the time they graduate from Room to Grow's program. Books help promote early literacy skills and help babies learn about the world around them.
Help Room to Grow collect thousands of English and Spanish board books for babies and toddlers living in poverty. Every baby in Room to Grow's program receives 10 books at each visit, while parents receive support and instruction on how to engage in active reading and incorporate it into their family's every-day routine. Organize a book drive in your community to help promote early literacy!
1. Boxes and/or bins for your collection
2. Posters or signs for labeling the box (Room to Grow staff can provide)
3. Computer/email to promote your drive
Decide when and where you will host your book drive, and, with the help of an adult, register your drive. Choose "Books", and contact Allison Russo at email@example.com or (617) 586-4634, if you have any questions.
- With adult help, register your book drive.
- Find a bin(s) or box(es) to collect the items and attach a Collection Bin Sign to each bin. (Room to Grow staff can provide a sign.) OR use the Amazon Wish List for a virtual drive.
- Promote your drive! Fill out the Book Drive Flyer Template provided by Room to Grow and send it to your community of friends/family. Post the flyer on bulletin boards, send email reminders, and/or share on social media. Don't forget to share our wishlist in your communications.
- Collect new and nearly new Spanish and English board books and children's books. Please double-check books are appropriate for a child under age 3 and that no pages are missing or torn.
- Celebrate your drive on social media - don’t forget to tag @roomtogroworg!
- Print, complete and include this donation slip so we know you heard about us through PGK!
- Once your drive is complete, have an adult help you schedule a time to drop off the donations by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. All donations will be directed to our Hyde Park location (63 Sprague St.) and are by appointment only.
*Be sure to send us a picture of your book drive. We would love to share what you've accomplished with others!