You choose the place: at home, at school, local business, or place of worship
Book donations may be dropped off between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday through Friday
WHO NEEDS TO HELP
Mom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement likely required)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The books you donate from your book drive will go directly to babies and toddlers to help them build a home library of 130 books by the time they graduate from Room to Grow's program. Books help promote early literacy skills and help babies learn about the world around them.
Help Room to Grow collect thousands of English and Spanish board books for babies and toddlers living in poverty. Every baby in Room to Grow's program receives 10 books at each visit, while parents receive support and instruction on how to engage in active reading and incorporate it into their family's every-day routine. Organize a book drive in your community to help promote early literacy!
1. Boxes and/or bins for your collection
2. Posters or signs for labeling the box (Room to Grow staff can provide)
3. Computer/email to promote your drive
Decide when and where you will host your book drive, and, with the help of an adult, register your drive. Choose "Books", and contact Josh Tingley at email@example.com or (617) 859-4545, if you have any questions.
1. With adult help, register your book drive.
2. Find a bin(s) or box(es) to collect the items and attach a Collection Bin Sign to each bin OR decorate each box with collection details. (Room to Grow staff can provide a sign.)
3. Promote your drive! Fill out the Book Drive Flyer Template provided by Room to Grow and send it to your community of friends/family. Post the flyer on bulletin boards, send email reminders, and/or share on social media. Don't forget to share our wishlist in your communications.
4. Collect new and nearly new Spanish and English board books and children's books. Please double-check books are appropriate for a child under age 3 and that no pages are missing or torn.
5. Celebrate your drive on social media - don’t forget to tag @roomtogroworg!
6. Once your drive is complete, have an adult help you drop off the donations at our office at 142 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. When you arrive, we will help unload the car, and then you can visit our space to learn more about Room to Grow and the children you are helping! We are happy to provide curbside assistance if you give our office a call (617-859-4545) when you are about 5 minutes away.
*Be sure to send us a picture of your book drive. We would love to share what you've accomplished with others!