In your neighborhood, at your school, or anywhere else in your community that works for you!
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Getting proper nutrition can be a challenge for seniors, especially those who are homebound or living alone. Cooking, even getting to the grocery store, can be difficult. By hosting a bake sale and donating the proceeds to St. Vincent Meals on Wheels, you will help provide daily nutrition for a senior who might otherwise go without. We deliver over 3,000 meals to seniors every day, and you can help make sure that continues. For every $7.85 you raise, we can feed a senior for a whole day.
Hold your very own bake sale with proceeds and donations going to St. Vincent Meals on Wheels to help feel our seniors. For every $7.85 you raise, you can feed a homebound senior for a day. A few cookies and a little bit of your time could change a senior's life!
1. Home baked goods
2. A table and chairs for your stand
3. Signs advertising your sweet event
Identify a date and time to hold your bake sale and follow the instructions provided. For questions about St. Vincent Meals on Wheels, contact Daryl Twerdahl, Executive Director of Development at email@example.com.
1. Identify a date and location for your bake sale. (If doing it on public property, be sure to get permission from any necessary parties.)
2. Decide what you will make and gather the necessary ingredients and supplies.
3. Advertise your upcoming bake sell by emailing family and friends, sharing on social media, etc.
4. Bake your sweet treats; package them; and make signs to advertise what you have available.
5. Conduct your bake sale and HAVE FUN knowing you are making a difference in the lives of hungry seniors.
6. Mail a check for the amount of the donations collected to:
St. Vincent Meals on Wheels
Attn: Daryl Twerdahl
2303 Miramar Street
Los Angeles, CA 90057
*Tip: You may want to price your individual items, or simply tell buyers you are accepting donations for St. Vincent Meals on Wheels. Sometimes offering items for free but giving people the opportunity to donate to a good cause is even more effective!