At your home, office or school, or perhaps at a birthday or holiday party in lieu of gifts
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Adult facilitation may be required to organize purchasing of items and delivery of completed kits
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We distribute hygiene kits throughout the year to youth in need so the hygiene kits you pack and deliver to us will quickly get into the hands of young people who often have to start the day without soap, toothpaste, deodorant and other basic hygiene items.
Collect hygiene items and pack them into hygiene kits that can be brought to our office. Kits will be distributed to young people in need throughout Greater Boston through schools and other youth-serving organizations.
1. Full-size, unused, unexpired:
2. Gallon size storage bags
Collect or purchase full size soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush and a gallon storage bag. See below step-by-step instructions or contact Abby MacDonald at amacdonald@HopeandComfort.org for questions or more information.
- For each hygiene kit, you will need to start by collecting or purchasing a full-size, unused, unexpired soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Place one of each item into a gallon storage bag such as a Ziploc or Hefty bag.
- Seal the bag, place in a box or bin and when all kits are packed they are ready to be delivered to Hope and Comfort! Please see our contact info to arrange a date and time to deliver the items to our office in Needham.
- You can also see our activity about making well-wish cards to go with the kits with inspirational notes for children receiving the hygiene kits.