1900 Lakewood Drive
San Jose, CA 95132
Every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday: 3:00-4:45pm
Every Wednesday in the computer lab: 3:00-4:45pm
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
None (project can be done with limited/no adult involvement).
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Youth living in affordable housing communities may not always have access to opportunities for after-school programs. By helping students with homework and reading, you will be helping other kids succeed in school and feel more confident in their studies!
Assist youth living in an affordable housing community in San Jose with school work, reading, fun activities, and computers. We are looking for motivated youth to help our younger students with their homework. All you need is a positive attitude and the ability to commit to volunteering one day a week for at least two semesters.
Transportation to/from our affordable housing unit in San Jose AND a positive attitude!
This opportunity is most appropriate for high school students. You must be able to commit to volunteering once a week for at least two school semesters (about 3-5 months) consistently.
Please contact Kristin Taylor (kristin.taylor@EAHhousing.org) and Casey Ortal (casey.ortal@EAHhousing.org) via email with the title of "HW Help for Elena Gardens" and be sure to include your name, age, school/grade, days interested in volunteering, and any special interests you may have (math, science, football, reading, etc.).
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for more details!
1. Contact Kristin Taylor (kristin.taylor@EAHhousing.org) and Casey Ortal (casey.ortal@EAHhousing.org) in an email with the title "HW Help for Elena Gardens" and tell us a little bit about yourself including your age, grade, and special interests (like school subjects or other activities) and days you are interested in volunteering.
**You must be available to volunteer at least once a week for two school semesters!
2. Complete a "Volunteer Application."
3. Complete a "Consent for Background Check."
4. If over 18, complete a "Fingerprint Check" (There is a fee that you will be reimbursed for).
5. Attend a "Volunteer Orientation" prior to starting service.
6. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
7. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.