At your kitchen table
This activity begins after Thanksgiving and concludes just after New Year.?
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDClass, scout troop, or other group of like-minded kids (assumes an adult is also involved in the facilitation, but activity is geared toward group involvement and can be primarily executed by the children involved)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By decorating and selling spoons, you are making sure people all over Massachusetts have the healthy food they need. No one should go hungry, and you can help make that happen!
The Holiday Spoons Project is your chance to bring attention to the issue of hunger in Massachusetts by decorating wooden spoons, a symbol of cooking and food. When you ask your family, friends, and others to make a donation, you can give them a spoon that you have decorated as a way of saying thank you. Their donations will help feed hungry people throughout Massachusetts.
1. A wooden spoon
2. Paint, markers, glue, and other craft supplies
For more information or to get started, visit our spoons page or call (617) 723-5000.
1. Learn about Project Bread and the fight to end hunger in Massachusetts through our website and the Holiday Spoons curriculum.
2. Decorate wooden spoons as creatively as you would like.
3. Sell the spoons as a Project Bread fundraiser and to bring awareness to the issue of hunger.
4. Donate the funds raised to Project Bread to support anti-hunger programs across the state.