On the farm!
Wednesday and Friday mornings, 10am-12pm, June through August
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
With the help of dedicated volunteers like you production has risen from 2,500 pounds at the start to 127,000 pounds in 2020, all of which is donated to over a dozen hunger relief organizations.
We welcome high school students on Wednesday and Friday mornings, rain or shine, hot or cold. High School Farm Team volunteers will receive direction from our farmers and then work independently with other peers. Community Service hours can be approved upon request. This is a great way to meet other high school students and learn about the many tasks involved in raising healthy, fresh produce.
Generally 15-17 years, occasionally 14 years old.
For more details, please review our volunteer guidelines and then fill out our High School Farm Team interest survey. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for more details.
- All volunteers must sign our updated Release & Waiver of Liability which acknowledges the inherent risks posed by volunteering on a working farm.
- We request that volunteers use the designated bathroom facilities and do not enter the barn.
- Gaining Ground staff will discuss safety protocols with everyone on-site and will demonstrate how to safely do the day’s work.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.