On the farm!
Wednesday and Friday mornings, 10am-12nn, June through August
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
With the help of dedicated volunteers like you production has risen from 2,500 pounds at the start to 125,000 pounds in 2019, all of which is donated to over a dozen hunger relief organizations.
We welcome high school students on Wednesday and Friday mornings, rain or shine, hot or cold. High School Crew volunteers will receive direction from our farmers and then work independently with other peers. Community Service hours can be approved upon request. This is a great way to meet other high school students and learn about the many tasks involved in raising healthy, fresh produce.
Volunteers are required to bring their own face masks to be worn at all times while at the Gaining Ground site.
Generally 15-17 years, occasionally 14 years old.
- All volunteers must complete and sign a short screening to verify that they have not recently been at risk of exposure to COVID-19. We will happily reschedule your volunteer shift should the screening indicate that it is unsafe for you to volunteer at the farm as originally planned.
- All volunteers must sign our updated Release & Waiver of Liability which acknowledges the inherent risks posed by the virus and by volunteering on a working farm.
- Upon arrival, volunteers should wash their hands with soap & water for at least 20 seconds, using the wash station provided by Gaining Ground.
- We request that volunteers use the designated bathroom facilities and do not enter the barn.
- Volunteers must maintain a 6-foot distance from others (except immediate family members) while on the farm.
- Gaining Ground staff will discuss safety protocols with everyone on-site and will demonstrate how to safely do the day’s work.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.