At your kitchen table or other location of your choosing.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Birthdays are a special time, but they can also be a lonely time for home-bound seniors. You can help bring a smile to a senior on his or her birthday by taking a moment to write a cheerful birthday message and provide a few daily essentials that can sometimes be hard for seniors living on a fixed income to come by. What an easy, and beautiful, birthday present!
Help home-bound seniors have a happy birthday by putting together small toiletry kits and creative messages to make their special days a little brighter. All you need are some white paper bags, a few everyday essentials, and your kindness!
1. White paper lunch bags
2. Markers, crayons or colored pencils
3. Travel size shampoo
4. Small bar of soap
5. Travel size body lotion
6. Toothbrush and travel size toothpaste
Follow the step-by-step instructions as listed in VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below to get started.
For questions or to schedule a time to drop off your completed toiletry kits, contact Christine Calderon-Caruso, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Decide how many toiletry kits you plan to make. You may want to consider doing this with a sports team, Scout troop, class, youth group or other friends/family. (The more people, the more toiletry kits, and the more happy seniors on their birthdays!)
2. Pick up some white lunch bags in a standard size and decorate the outside with Happy Birthday messages.
3. Fill each bag with one of each of the following:
- Travel size shampoo
- Small bar of soap
- Travel size body lotion
- Toothbrush and travel size toothpaste
4. Load your completed kits into a box for easy delivery and contact Christine Calderon-Caruso, Director of Development, at email@example.com to schedule a time to drop off your completed kits.
*You can also mail your toiletry donations and your decorated bags UNASSEMBLED to:
St. Vincent Meals on Wheels
2303 Miramar Street
Los Angeles, CA 90057
5. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK.
6. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.