Fresh Truck mobile markets are held in 19 different weekly locations around the city of Boston. All of our market locations can be found in the events on our volunteer calendar: https://www.aboutfresh.org/fresh-truck/#volunteer
Fresh Truck mobile markets happen every week, Mon-Sat, at the same time and locations.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The mission of our mobile market program is to bring the quality fresh food shopping experience closer to the people that need it most. We know that access to fresh food is a vital factor in improving community health and strengthening the lives of others.
Fresh Truck mobile markets are a food justice program designed to use reimagined vehicles to increase access to fresh food in traditionally marginalized communities. During these weekly mobile markets, Fresh Truck staff and volunteers set up to run a dignified shopping experience for communities to have the option of selecting from a variety of quality fruits and vegetables at affordable prices!
- Bring a water bottle
- Dress in comfortable clothing. The activities are very active.
- Keep the weather in mind before leaving the house. Fresh Truck operates regardless of weather interference, and the truck is not heated nor air-conditioned.
The minimum age to volunteer is 16.
To get started, interested volunteers MUST sign up by visiting our volunteer calendar (https://www.aboutfresh.org/fresh-truck/#volunteer) and selecting the day, time, and location of the market you would like to volunteer at!
Individuals, families, or groups are all welcomed to sign up to volunteer. When signing up to volunteer as a group please indicate the number of volunteers in your group.
- After signing up through our website you will receive a confirmation email containing additional information.
- On the day of your volunteer shift head to the location of the mobile market listed in the confirmation email to meet the Fresh Truck staff and volunteers on site.
- Upon greeting, introduce yourself as a volunteer and the Fresh Truck staff will explain the different roles and responsibilities for the market.
- Be sure to let us know this activity came from PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.