Lincoln, MA 01773
Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.; May - November
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
A parent or other grown-up is required if the volunteer is under 16.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The work we do at Lindentree Farm every summer/fall is used to help provide food to the people we serve. By helping us grow the vegetables and maintain the farm, you help us provide food to some of the 30,000 people we feed each year.
If you like working outside in nature, then this is the opportunity for you! Every Wednesday (May - November), we are out at our Field of Greens farm in Lincoln, MA weeding, harvesting and washing vegetables such as kale, collard greens, carrots, beets and cabbage for donation to the Pine Street Inn. If you've ever wondered how to pull a carrot out of the ground, this is a great opportunity to learn and, at the same time, provide healthy food for people living in homelessness.
A ride to the farm in Lincoln, MA (all other gardening materials are available for use at the farm).
To schedule a time to work in the field between May and November, visit www.foodforfree.org/volunteer.
- Sign up for Field of Greens by filling out the volunteer application at www.foodforfree.org/volunteer. You'll get emails inviting you to sign up for specific Wednesdays.
- When you see a shift that works for you (and your grown-up), sign up for the date you want to come and help! (If you're trying to bring a big group, contact email@example.com.)
- Bring a bottle of water, your sunscreen, your hat and your energy on your designated date to our special spot at Lindentree Farm and help us grow healthy food to feed the hungry!
- Have questions? Contact Toyosi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.