Lincoln, MA 01773
Seasonal: May through October
Wednesdays and Saturdays, 8am-12nn
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
A parent or other grown-up is required if the volunteer is under 16.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The work we do at Lindentree Farm every summer/fall is used to help provide food to the people we serve. By helping us grow the vegetables and maintain the farm, you help us provide food to some of the 30,000 people we feed each year.
The 2021 season ended with a bountiful harvest of 8,429 lbs and over 1,327 volunteer hours from May to November. Volunteers harvested about 2,000 lbs. more this year than in 2020!
If you like working outside in nature, then this is the opportunity for you! Time at the Field of Greens farm is spent weeding, harvesting and washing vegetables such as kale, collard greens, carrots, beets and cabbage for donation to the Pine Street Inn. If you've ever wondered how to pull a carrot out of the ground, this is a great opportunity to learn and, at the same time, provide healthy food for people living in homelessness.
A ride to the farm in Lincoln, MA (all other gardening materials are available for use at the farm).
Individual teen volunteers will need to submit a parent/guardian consent form. Volunteers under 15 years old need to be accompanied by an adult during their volunteer shift.
To schedule a time to work in the field between May and November, visit www.foodforfree.org/volunteer.
- Sign up for Field of Greens by filling out the volunteer application at www.foodforfree.org/volunteer. On the form, let us know that you found this activity through PGK.
- You'll get emails inviting you to sign up for specific days.
- When you see a shift that works for you (and your grown-up), sign up for the date you want to come and help! (If you're trying to bring a big group, contact email@example.com.)
- Bring a bottle of water, your sunscreen, your hat and your energy on your designated date to our special spot at Lindentree Farm and help us grow healthy food to feed the hungry!
- Have questions? Contact Toyosi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.